THE WEDDING IS HAPPENING
You should come cause who knows, they might be there….
So, the wedding is in less than a week and we figured that the internet-literate crowd (if you’re reading this, then that’s you!) might have some more questions. Here goes:
Q: What are all these events, and which one is the part where you guys get married?
A: Our Wild Wedding Weekend consists of the following:
- Friday 6:00 pm: BBQ at the Friedberg estate. We will have food (its catered, but its from a BBQ restaurant; so technically its still a BBQ okay?), drinks and games! If you are at the hotel, you can catch a bus leaving from Sansom Street at 5:15
- Saturday 12:30-3:30: Bus Tour of Philadelphia. We will see the Rocky statue, eat cheese-steaks, ring the Liberty Bell and try out for the Eagles. If any or all of that sounds like fun, please meet at the Sansom Street entrance to the Hotel Palomar at 12:15.
- Saturday 8:45 pm: Rehearsal Party. Because even professional partiers need practice. Please join us for drinks and funny stories at the Continental Midtown Rooftop. Have fun, but remember its just a rehearsal. Save your best stuff for Sunday. The Continental is located at 1801 Chestnut Street. Hotel guests will find walking directions (its like two blocks away) in their welcome bag
- Sunday 6:00 pm: Wedding Ceremony and Reception. The ceremony is the part where we actually get married. The Reception is the part where we eat great food and dance to the musical stylings of the Legendary Eddie Bruce Band (EBB). Buses will leave the hotel at 5:15 and will return guests at the end of the night.
- Monday 10:00 am: Brunch. Its not breakfast and its not lunch. This hybrid meal will be available in the ballroom at the Hotel Palomar. Stop by whenever (as long as its between ten and noon) and grab some grub before you hit the road.
Q: I’m flying into Philadelphia. How do I get to where I need to be?
A: We have been cataloging everyone’s travel plans in order to effectively and efficiently provide curbside pick-up at the beautiful Philadelphia International Airport. If you are flying in and we haven’t reached you, please call or email (or even use the message function on this fancy web log) your travel info and we’ll be sure to provide transportation from the airport to the hotel.
Q: I’ve been hearing about curfews in Philly. Are they still in effect? Will I be grounded if I break curfew?
A: Only one way to find out.
Q: Is there anyone you’d like to thank?
A: Actually, yes. Thanks for asking. We would like to thank our amazing families for all the hard work, patience, and love that they have contributed to this exciting celebration. We’d also like to thank YOU (not everyone, just the six of you that actually read this thing) for all your support. We can’t wait to see you all soon!
Our thoughts go out to those affected by the storm. As we prepare to celebrate, we also recognize that many in the region are facing hardship and loss.
If you feel so inclined, you can donate to relief efforts in the greater Philly area by visiting this site:
Philly Design Guide!
Chicago loves Philly too- yay!
A little Philly love from LA. Click to read the article.
3 Days to go- send in those RSVPs!